Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation (including exam and x-ray) explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. At this first visit we will also plan on treatment as prescribed by your dentist unless there is a complex diagnosis or treatment plan, which will then require you return for treatment on another day, following this initial evaluation. Patients requiring IV sedation will always need to be seen for a consultation and review of medical history, prior to scheduling treatment.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your referral slip and any X-rays if applicable.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- If you have medical or dental insurance, please bring the necessary information with you, unless you have already provided it by phone. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
- NO PAIN MEDICATION SHOULD BE TAKEN DAY OF APPOINTMENT. These medications may inhibit diagnostic test results.
- A parent or guardian must accompany all patients under 18 at the consultation visit
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are on any medication (i.e. heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.) or require medication prior to dental cleanings (i.e antibiotics, for pre-med.)
If your referring dentist has taken recent x-rays, they may forward them to our office. However, we will likely still need to take our own digital films for our doctors diagnostic purposes.