Before Iv Sedation
Instruction to Patients Scheduled for Conscious Sedation
- No food or any liquids eight hours prior to the planned procedure.
- No lozenges or gum two hours prior to the planned procedure.
- Drink PLENTY of water the day before planned procedure to assure good hydration.
- Wear loose fitting clothing to office visit
- You must be accompanied by a competent adult who can escort you home. This adult must arrive with you, wait in the waiting area during the procedure and leave with you when you are discharged.
- Any change in your medical status must be reported prior to the day of the planned procedure. These may include cold or flu, positive pregnancy test or suspected pregnancy, newly discovered allergy, newly diagnosed medical condition or the addition of a new medication or cessation of medication previously prescribed.